Sunday, May 22, 2016

Winner, Winner, Stuffed Shells Dinner!

Happy Sunday! I can't believe that tomorrow starts our LAST FULL WEEK OF SCHOOL! I mean, really, where did the school year go??? The summer countdown has started and we only have 8 days left of school! I plan on soaking up and enjoying every second I have left with my 22 little darlings. Time is fleeting and I want to make the most of it! 

So, I stumbled across this recipe on Instagram and immediately wanted to try it. It looked delicious and the directions seemed simple enough. My mom and sisters are such outstanding cooks. Somehow, I am the only one who came out not knowing my way around the kitchen. When Colt and I got married, I knew nothing of cooking or recipes and barely knew how to use a stove. Over these past 2 years I've slowly started trying out recipes and trying to become somewhat of a decent cook. (Thanks to Pinterest!)  I'm still the kind of girl who loves to go out to eat, or would rather have my mom's home cooking, but I give myself a pat on the back for attempting to cook 3-4 nights a week! Woot! 

When I found this recipe I went straight after work to pick up the ingredients I needed. Stuffed shells... or carbs in general are my favorite! I couldn't wait to get started! I cooked up this skillet meal on Thursday evening. I took the afternoon off work for a Dr. appointment which meant I was home early. The recipe said I could make homemade sauce but to cut down on time, I just picked up a jar of ready made sauce. Homemade sauce sounds like a perfect summer idea...maybe

I boiled the shells and made the stuffing. Adding veggies to this recipe makes it healthier right?! The recipe called for shredded carrots, shredded zucchini, & onions, and then I added mushrooms and spinach as well as the good stuff... Risotto, Mozzarella and Parmesan! Yum! Colt loved the way this made our house smell! 


After the shells were finished boiling, I mixed the stuffing and then began to stuff the shells. Afterwards, I added them to the skillet and put a lid on it and let it simmer.  



This recipe was definitely a win! I am going to put this recipe away to be used again. This was way too much for us to eat and we had lots of leftovers. I think this would make a great dinner for when you have guests over for a dinner party. It's simple and makes a generous amount. I look forward to making it again! 



If you are interested in trying out the Skillet Veggie and Cheese Stuffed Shells recipe, you can find it here

We hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! Now time for us to enjoy some home cooking Taco Casa and binge watch "Fixer Upper" on Netflix. 

We love you all! 






No comments:

Post a Comment