Saturday, March 12, 2016

We've Got Gadgets and Gizmos Aplenty

Saturday mornings are my favorite after a hectic work week! This morning, I was able to sleep in and it felt great! There's nothing better than having nowhere to be on a cloudy morning except under the blankets in your comfy bed. Our bed is like sleeping on a heavenly cloud. 


It was fun to hang out in bed this morning, take a mid morning nap,and play around on my phone before heading downstairs to make brunch. My sister was over and we were trying out a new recipe. We prepped all the ingredients and we were literally about to slide the food into the oven only to have the power go out... for 2 hours. What. This entire week has been tornado like winds with strong rain yet no power outage. Today it's been partly cloudy and a little sun. Ironic. 

This past month we have been acquiring a few new gadgets and gizmos for our home. 

I wrote a post awhile back talking about how I had ordered a product I had seen on the show, "Shark Tank". It took 2 months before arriving on my door step. It finally arrived and I was so excited to try it. It's called "Piper Wai" and it is a completely all natural deodorant. 


I have been searching far and wide for a product like this. I have moved away from deodorants containing aluminum and other harmful ingredients over a year ago. When I saw this on the show, I knew I had to test it out! It comes in this tiny jar and its a gray colored mud like consistency. You can use your hand or a makeup spatula to apply it. It has no harmful ingredients and it smells so refreshing. Even after working out, my underarms feel and smell fresh. The scent is a light minty lemon scent. I love getting a whiff of my underarms throughout the day! Hah! I've seen a couple of people on Facebook post pictures of this and they too had positive reviews. It's a 2 oz. jar and I paid around $20 or so for it. I'm interested to see how long this jar will last me. I'm thinking I will get my monies worth though! 

Colt and I are Amazon Prime fanatics so it only made sense for us to snatch up a few of the Amazon Dash Buttons. When we saw these little things make an appearance online we couldn't wait to order them. Colt ordered a couple of dash buttons to start off with. These buttons are genius! The buttons connect to your wi-fi and Amazon account. When you run out of a certain product, you simply press the dash button and your product will be reordered and delivered to your door! How awesome is that?! To start off, we thought we would start with the necessities: dishwasher tablets, toilet paper, trash bags. We haven't run out of these products yet, but as soon as we do, I can't wait to push the button! We placed them in the garage, under our kitchen sink and on the door under our bathroom sink. It's crazy to me how far technology has come. So convenient! I hope they eventually have more of a selection for groceries and/or produce. Still, so cool. 





You probably already know that I am a clean freak. I love organizing, tidying things up, cleaning and disinfecting. It's so fun to me! With me being a clean freak and Colt being a germaphobe... it can get a little ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, we are by no means perfect. Our kitchen gets dirty and piled up with dishes from time to time. Laundry can pile up quickly on the bathroom or bedroom floor. Ya know, things like that. Still, I feel my best when my home is neat and clean. 

I have been begging Colt for a Roomba Vacuum Cleaning Robot for quite some time now. I just couldn't believe how cool this thing looked when I saw it. It is a little pricey, but I felt like it was worth it. Let's be honest... when I come home from a long day at work, I just do not feel like vacuuming! I figured it would cut down on my cleaning time too. I just had to somehow convince my darling husband that we needed it. After months to no avail, I gave up on this pipe dream. Finally, last month, Colt was sweet enough to surprise me with this fun gadget! 

Having this little guy zoom around the floor really does help!  The first time I used it, I have to be honest, I wasn't too impressed. But then, the more I used it and the more I figured out how to use it, the more I LOVED it! I try to run this little guy daily and I see a difference! I feel like my carpets and floors have never been cleaner. What's even better? I don't have to do a thing. It runs itself and when it's finished, it docks itself back on the charger to charge back up! Genius I tell you!!!! Now, if only they made one that steam mops too...


Speaking of cleaning, we are still loving the "Basic Life" all natural cleaners. They are free of those harmful ingredients and they smell refreshing. They are safe for kids, pets and our environment! I find that I don't have to wear gloves to protect my skin from the harsh ingredients like other cleaning products. Colt has very sensitive skin, so when he would use certain cleaning products to clean the bathrooms and such, his skin would break out in a rash and become itchy. This is much more gentle on his skin! We also love the fact that our home doesn't smell like bleach or any other strong scents after cleaning. We aren't breathing in any harmful fumes and that makes me sleep better at night. I know we could probably make these cleaners ourselves with essential oils and recipes from Pinterest... but we ain't got time for that! Someday, I would love to make my own natural cleaning products for our home. Until then, these products are just perfect! 


Today has been a great start to Spring Break. I am off to meet up with my bestie. It's beautiful patio weather for Mexican food and drinks!  

Be blessed. 

We love you all! 






No comments:

Post a Comment