Sunday, March 6, 2016

Life Lately

Life around here has been full of little adventures. Colt and I have been keeping up with politics lately. Every morning, I turn on the TV to CNN while we get dressed for school. I have decided that this election year I want to be a more informed voter than I have been in the past. We've been doing our best to research and really get to know all the candidates and what they stand for. This past Tuesday was "Super Tuesday" so we were so excited to get out and exercise our right to vote. I was both surprised and proud to see how many voters had showed up at our voting poll. 



Proud Voters! 

Wednesday was Dr. Seuss's birthday, which is also known as, "Read Across America Day". I was out at a training for school half the day but I was able to return in the afternoon to celebrate with my students. I found this little idea on Pinterest to make "Cat in the Hat" cheese sticks and it was a definite hit with my kiddos! They loved them! Pinterest for the win once again! Seriously, how did any of us live without Pinterest?!

How adorable are these?!
Thursday after work I met up with my friend Michelle for dinner and cocktails to celebrate her birthday. We met up at Houlihan's where she recommended I try the "Stuffed Chicken Breast". The chicken breast is covered with Panko bread crumbs and is stuffed with garlic herb cream cheese. My mouth is watering just typing this. It was so delicious! 


Friday after work I headed home to meet up with Colt for a dinner and discussion date night at church. I had been wanting to attend one of these sessions for quite some time now. Unfortunately, due to our schedules we just haven't been able to make it. We were both excited to take some time out for each other and our marriage and attend this session. It was an enlightening experience. The church provided a catered dinner from DeVivo Bros. and we got to sit with other couples and discuss topics related to marriage and our faith. We also watched a quick video regarding marriage and how it's a Sacramental Bond. It was such an interesting night. I really enjoyed getting to hear Colt speak on the topic as well as hearing from the other couples that were sitting with us. The other couples sitting at our table had been married 12-15 years and we enjoyed hearing their views, opinions and advice on marriage, family and faith. I hope we get to attend another session like this again. 



Saturday morning, I woke up early and was looking at "Buy Sell Trade" on Facebook. I've had several friends find some good deals and sell things on this site so I thought I'd finally give it a chance. I had nowhere to be that morning so I decided to look for a small couch for my classroom. I stumbled across a couch that was for sale literally down the street from where we lived. I was beyond excited! I quickly ran to our bedroom to wake up Colt. I wanted him to take the measurements and see if it would fit in my car. I was bummed to find out the couch was too tall and I begged Colt to drive me over there any way so I could at least take a look at it. When we arrived at the house, the guy who lived there was so friendly! He suggested tying the couch to the top of my car. Colt was uneasy about the idea but I was ready to do it! The guy let us borrow his straps and he even put the couch on top of my car and strapped it in! We took the back roads to my school and made it there without the couch flying off! Woo hoo! 

So lucky this guy puts up with me and my crazy ideas I have on a whim!
Afterwards, we drove out to Roanoke to meet up with our friends, Edgar & Sarah, who we haven't seen in such a long time. They brought their little boys, Archer and Mateo to lunch as well. We all enjoyed "linner" at Babe's Chicken and then had dessert at Hey Sugar down the street. Archer is starting Kindergarten in the fall and it was fun to talk about how he will soon be starting his own new adventure! The weather on Saturday was just perfect for being outside. We loved spending time with good friends in the fresh outdoors. I'm glad we were able to take advantage of this gorgeous spring-like weather. 


Hey Sugar is nostalgic for us because this is where we took our engagement pictures!



After fun with friends, we headed home for an early evening nap. Except for the fact that our nap lasted for 19 hours... Don't worry, we did wake up around 4:30 AM to shower and take out my contacts! Hah! We debated on going out for breakfast at IHOP but decided to hop back into bed where we slept in til about 10 AM. Who knew two people could sleep for so long! I still can't believe how tired our bodies were! 

We woke up for the second time this morning, got dressed and headed over to my parents house for brunch with the fam. Mom's cooking is always delicious and I was craving some homemade waffles. I stayed a little later at my parents while Colt met up with one of his TCU buddies to go out to the shooting range. 

Shooting range shennanigans
My mom and I headed out to Bath and Body Works to pick up a few things I needed for the house and then went grocery shopping for the week. I don't know about you, but I hate having to stop for groceries after a long day at work! It's the worst! So glad to get that out of the way. 

I finally updated our kitchen chalkboard. It hasn't been done since January. Yay! 


Last weekend I picked up these items. I am really loving the Micellar Water! It's so gentle on my skin and really cleanses. I love how it washes away all my makeup and impurities. Not sure if I like it more than my makeup remover wipes. I need to use it for a little while longer before deciding for sure. The bottle says no need to rinse it off, however, I still like to wash my face with my facial cleanser and Clarisonic before bed. That's just my night time routine. 


One of my hobbies includes buying things to update our house even if it's just in a small way. I found this adorable "Dream" pillow at Kirkland's the other day and thought it made the perfect addition to our guest bedroom. I think it was the final touch we needed for the guest bed. My goal was for it to look comfy and inviting. I know Colt thinks we do not need another throw pillow but how could I pass it up?! It was the finishing touch in my opinion. 


Well folks, that about sums up our life lately. We hope you have been staying healthy and happy. Colt is on Spring Break this week so it's going to be extra hard waking up early this week while he gets to sleep in! Just another 5 teaching days for me and then it's my turn. Wishing all of you a very blessed week. 

We love you all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment