Saturday, June 11, 2016

Fun, fun, fun

Good morning! Before my sweet husband awakes wanting breakfast, I figured this was a perfect time to do a quick brain dump of what's been going on in our lives as of late. We are keeping busy as usual. Slow mornings like these I relish before the hustle and bustle of the weekend begins. Here's a few snapshots of what's been going on... 

Rewind back to Memorial Day Weekend. My cousins were cooking out in Haslet and invited us over for food and fun. We got to check out my cousin Rob and Leslie's new chickens and chicken house... or is it called chicken pen? chicken coop? hen house? Whatever you call it, it's adorable! 


How cute this this thing?! I especially love the flower window box! 

3 little hens
It was a fun evening of relaxation, watching "dance recitals" put on by the kids, laughs and family time. I am bummed that somehow a picture is missing from my camera roll. I took the cutest pic of me with the 4 little cousins and for some reason it wasn't there when I uploaded pictures this morning. Boo. However, these gems were still on my camera roll from that evening... 

Yes. We're ridiculous.





I made these mini star cherry pies to bring over. They were yummy! 



On actual Memorial Day, my parents invited us over for burgers. We arrived to this festive decorated table. 


The following weekend was my friend, Shieva's baby shower. Shieva and her family are very dear friends of ours. I first met Shieva my freshman year of high school when we were 14 years old. It's crazy how fast time passes. I love getting to be a part of and seeing this next and new chapter in Shieva and her husband Justin's life together. How blessed life is! 

Shieva & Justin are dentists in the Houston area so we do not get to see each other as much as would like. Still I couldn't be happier for the both of them! When we are back together it's like we pick up right where we left off. Don't you just love friendships like those?! 

It was a fiesta themed baby shower, how perfect is this cake?!

 Baby gifts! 






So thankful for our friendship! 

Later that evening we met our friends, Britton and his wife, Sarah, in Downtown Fort Worth at a place called Bird Cafe

Photo cred: Google
It was our first time to eat there but we loved it! It's family style serving so we were able to try lots of mouth-watering foods such as: Roasted Beet Salad, Rabbit Pot Pie, Grilled Steak Asada on a stick, Mango Green Chile Goat Queso (which was my personal favorite), and Nueske Bacon. We topped it off with dessert... key lime pie and homemade blueberry pie! I must admit, I am not one for trying new foods, but I'm SO glad I did. Colt is always encouraging me to be more adventurous as far as food goes. This dinner was definitely pleasing to my palate! If you're looking for trying something new go check this place out! 

Bird Cafe also uses local providers for farm fresh eggs, veggies, honey, cheeses, etc. Give it a whirl some time and let us know what you think! 

After dinner,  we headed to a place off 6th street called, Lola's Saloon. Our friend, Pat is in a band called, Quaker City Night Hawks, and we went to watch them play. Live music on a summer night is our favorite! 

Quaker City Night Hawks on stage

With our friends, Britton & Sarah

Colt & Pat

With the band 
If you're looking to support local bands, consider checking out some of their music on iTunes! Their sound is so unique! They are doing some awesome things so keep a lookout! 

Side note: Some of you may not know this, but Colt used to play in a band. He has one amazing voice and is very musically inclined!  

To end the weekend, we went to a luncheon to celebrate and honor my dad and other gentleman of the church. My dad is a special part of our church called, The Knights of Columbus. KoC is basically a faith based organization where Catholic men participate in charitable acts for the community, and are of service to others. There are over 1.9 million members of this organization world wide! 

So proud of my dad! 




...


Well, my husband woke up before I could finish this post and he whisked me off to brunch. After running a few errands, we finally returned home.

 It was a lovely morning to brunch and walk around downtown with this guy. :)


How lucky I am to enjoy a chocolate muffin next to this stud muffin

Have a happy day! 

We love you all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment