Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Birthdays Galore

Happy Summer! While Summer doesn't officially start until June 20th, in the Miranda household, summer.is.here! Gone are the days of waking up early, setting alarm clocks, attending meetings, racing to meet deadlines, giving assessments, and working 8 hour days. Hello to sleeping in, shopping, relaxing, movies, Netflix binges, midday naps, swimming, and having the choice to decide whether or not I want to change out of my pajamas that day! Hah! I'm already missing the sweet faces of my students, but I'm thankful for this time to rest, recharge and prepare for the next school year.  

22 days before the end of the school year, I surprised my students with this balloon wall. At the beginning of each school day, we popped one balloon and one student name fell out of the balloon. We celebrated that student all day that day and called them the "VIP". This made both my kiddos and I excited for school each day. When you get to the end of the school year, teachers and students have worked so hard all year and we become so exhausted. This is the time of the year to bring something new to the classroom. This sparked new interest, excitement and helped us make it through the end of the year without going completely crazy! My kids LOVED it. I loved seeing their little faces light up with joy when it was their name that fell out of the balloon. I know I say this a lot, but I really do have the best job in the world!!! 


This was also the time of year to celebrate birthdays galore! We attended my cousin Sammie's birthday, Colt's grandma's birthday and our nephew Tim's birthday as well! 

First up, was our nephew's birthday. My sister in law and brother in law have a house and land in Denton which is about a 45 minute drive from our house. The weather was just perfect for an outdoor party. It wasn't too hot and the mosquitoes weren't too bad either! 


Football shaped cake! 

With our nieces, Izabel & Ayla
Tim requested that instead of gifts, he wanted his guests to bring canned food. After his birthday, he took all the collected canned goods to the nearest community storehouse to help those in need. I love how at such a young age he is already giving back to the community and knows how good it makes your heart feel to give rather than receive. How awesome it is to see God working in his little life! 

Next up was Colt's grandmother's birthday! Her birthday fell on the same day as Tim's party so we drove from Denton to North Richland Hills. There we met up with Colt's grandparents, Lola & Herman, Colt's Aunt Tracy, Colt's cousin, Leah and her boyfriend, Theo. We had so much fun that Sunday evening sitting around the kitchen table telling stories, talking politics, and putting away some delicious funfetti birthday cake and ice cream! Moments like these are what life's all about, folks! 

Us with gradnma Lola
Herman specifically requested we take a selfie! Too funny! 
What did we ever do before the selfie stick?!
Back row: Colt, Leah, Aunt Tracy & Theo
Front row: Me, Lola & Herman
The last birthday we celebrated was my cousin Sammie's birthday. Turning 6 years old is quite an occasion! She had her birthday dress picked out and was ready to celebrate her big day at Main Event! 

Birthday girl, Samantha
Sammie's birthday was full of bowling, arcade games, gold, glitter, pink, pizza and cupcakes! What more can a girl ask for?! ;) 




The pizza was a hit! 

Myles
Ashlyn
Carson

Daddy/Daughter pic! 
Kazen Family
My cousins Sam & Robin 
Me and my sister, Alexa
She is such a cutie!!!!!
My mom, my aunt, Adriana and me
Colt tried out this new slow cooker recipe recently. If you know my husband, he is a huge fan of green chili anything! He made this Green Chili Stew and it was scrumptious! He used freshly roasted green chilis and it was so good! We had enough for leftovers for days. Definitely a win in our book! 




Our down time has been spent with loved ones and we can't think of any other way we'd rather spend our free time. It makes our hearts so full to be around these special people. We thank God for giving our loved ones another year on this Earth and another year to spend with them. I ran across this quote recently that said "A happy family is but an earlier heaven."  I couldn't agree more! Hug & spend time with your loved ones often, friends! 

Happy start of summer! We love you all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment