Sunday, October 25, 2015

Sometimes Bad Things Happen To Good People

This week begins the last week of October. Where has this month gone? I cannot believe 25 days have passed and this coming weekend is November. It always seems that the fall and winter months are the busiest. With our school/work schedule it's like the days are long but the year is short! Our schedules hardly ever slow down so it was nice to have a weekend to relax and spend a little time together. This weekend was a perfect time to rest and recharge. Here is what we have been up to lately in the Miranda Household...

Last weekend, "Christmas in Cowtown" came to Fort Worth. Anyone who knows us, knows that one of our favorite hobbies is shopping. So the fact that we had a reason to go shopping was exciting! You didn't have to tell us twice! ;) My mom, my sister and I drove out to check out Christmas in Cowtown and we spent the Saturday doing a little early Christmas shopping. Our friend Shannon met us out there and we leisurely strolled the aisles, sampled the frozen wine, tried on furs and took a look at all the fancy items that were set up in the booths. What a fun day! 


Shannon and Angel are so gorgeous! 


Trying out a bow and arrow that shoots marshmallows.What fun! 

How fancy is this fur??? I don't know if I'd ever buy a real fur but it was fun playing dress up! 

Us with our mama

Later that night my parents and sisters came over to watch the Notre Dame football game. Food, fun and football. Bonus... I got to wear comfy sweatpants. I would call that a perfect end to the night! 
My sweet sisters. <3

Last Sunday, I made brunch while Colt studied. When we were first married, making breakfast and brunch on weekend mornings was a tradition we started together in our new home. We still look forward to doing this every weekend. Now that Colt spends most weekends studying and working on projects, I try out new Pinterest recipes in the kitchen. We haven't had a fail yet! 


The rest of last week was full of work, work, work! I stayed at school last Monday night until 9PM to attend our PTA Meeting and I was also the emcee at our school's talent show. I love going above beyond and helping out at my school, but late weeknights make for exhausting weeks! Tuesday after work, I went to workout where I met up with my sister. It was a normal evening. We chatted after our workout was finished and we finally decided to go home half an hour later. I was on my way to pick up dinner for Colt when my mom called me. Once I answered the call, I immediately sensed that something was wrong in my mom's voice. She told me that my sister had been in a pretty terrible car accident on the way home from workout and that she would meet me at the scene. Needless to say my mind was racing and my hands were shaking. I made a U-turn in the middle of the road and headed to the accident site. All I could do was pray. I prayed my sister was alright and that everyone involved would be okay. I was nervous as to what I would see once I got there. 

My sister's car


The other guy's car

My sister was driving home when she came upon an intersection with lots of backed up traffic, construction and red lights. My sister's light turned green and the other guy driving the suv ran the red light. I guess he thought he could make the turn. By the grace of God, everyone walked away from this accident without a scratch. I have never been so relieved and so grateful to see my sweet sister sitting on the curb. She was understandably shaken up but no broken bones, no bleeding, nothing. Looking at her car, I couldn't help but realize, had the other driver turned just a second later, he would've T-boned her and the accident could've had a much worse outcome. I just thank God for watching over her.

 If you have ever met my sister, or if you are lucky enough to know her, you already know that she is one of the most incredible people you will ever meet. She gives selflessly of herself and is constantly helping others without wanting anything in return. She has the biggest heart of anyone I know. She is without a doubt, the kindest, most loving, helpful person in the world. She has the most beautiful soul. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. I don't know why. It's not fair, but as we know, life is not fair. I'd like to think that when bad things happen, it teaches us how to really appreciate the good and to grow closer to Him. 

The rest of the week was hectic. Thursday, we took 100+ kindergartners on a field trip to Mainstay Farm. It's this pretty little pumpkin patch in Cleburne, Texas. The rain held out and we got to ride on a hayride, roast marshmallows (100 5 year olds with marshmallows on fire is a little terrifying so much fun & no one burned anyone's hair off!) pick out pumpkins and we got to see the Christmas Tree farm! I was so excited about this. I would definitely like to go back in December to check out the Christmas Trees! 

School bus probs :)



With all the rain and an insane week, Colt and I couldn't wait to stay in yesterday. We took that day to do nothing but rest, relax and recharge. 

So blessed to be able to stay in on this gloomy, Fall day!

Shredding chicken for my crockpot recipe! 

Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup. Made my house smell amazing!

Yum! 

We spent the rest of last night just hanging out on the couch and watching scary movies! 

We made Muddy Buddies for Movie Night In

Hard at work while waiting

Today, I baked a homemade apple pie. I thought it would be a yummy treat for my honey to come home to! 

Colt left early this morning to go to TCU to meet up with his study group to study for finals. My sister and mom came over to watch the Cowboys game. We had a fun time eating dinner, talking about our week and cheering on the Cowboys even though today was another Cowboys loss. :( 

The weekends fly by so fast. We are so grateful for the time we got to spend together. We really needed these two days to catch up on sleep, unwind and just be lazy... it's definitely healthy for the soul. 

This coming week is going to be another hectic week. Colt has finals and it's Red Ribbon Week at my school. Not to mention, my students are going to be hyped up all week in anticipation for Halloween! I can't wait to see everyone's costumes and kiddo's costumes on social media. I've already seen some adorable costumes! I love celebrating all holidays and Halloween is one of my favorites! 

We hope everyone has a successful and productive week! We love you all! 

Trick or Treat!









No comments:

Post a Comment