Tuesday, December 22, 2015

May Your Days Be Merry & Bright

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, with every Christmas card I write... 

It seems that in this digital age with people keeping up with each other on social media and emails and text messages, snail mail is sadly becoming a thing of the past. One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is mailing and receiving Christmas cards! 

We have a community mailbox on our cul de sac, so I usually consider it a chore to check the mailbox. I'm too lazy to walk all the way down the street to check it, and when I do remember to check it on the way home from work, I almost never have the mailbox key with me. It's unofficially become Colt's job to check the mail daily. ;)

December arrived and I have checked the mail almost every single day. I love reaching in to the mailbox and pulling out lots of envelopes addressed to: "The Mirandas" or "Mr. and Mrs. Colt Miranda" or "Liz & Colt"! It makes me giddy to drive the rest of the way down the street, pull into the garage and run in to the kitchen, quickly turning the kitchen light on. I love ripping open the envelopes and seeing the faces of all our beautiful, smiling friends and family. We love getting to see how much all the little kids have grown in such a short year since last December. We also receive the good ol' fashion Christmas cards that aren't pictures. We love reading the notes that our loved ones write in those! 

Of course, I also love taking Christmas pictures and choosing the perfect card to send to our family and friends. When I was a little kid, my parents had us take Christmas pictures every year. This is a tradition I plan on continuing throughout the years. 

Photo credit goes to Taylor Mackay. He is an amazingly talented and gifted photographer that is in business school with Colt. Taylor took time out of his hectic schedule, during finals week, to snap a few shots of us in Downtown Fort Worth on a late Sunday night. Thank you, Taylor, for your time, your generosity and your talent! We are so grateful!!!

Below is the Christmas picture and card we chose to send out this year, along with a few pictures that didn't make the cut! 











Although it's been said, many times, many ways, Merry Christmas to you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment