Sunday, May 8, 2016

Our Favorite F Words: Food, Friends & Family

Happy Mother's Day! I hope all you mothers out there have been pampered, spoiled and loved on today. Mothers are some of the most important people on Earth. I am blessed to not only have been raised by an amazing one, but to grow up knowing so many and now, have friends who are/have become mothers throughout our friendship. 

As I write this, the tv is off, we are disconnected from our phones (at this moment lol), Colt is snoozing next to me and I can hear the rumble of thunder outside my bedroom window. This makes for a very perfect and relaxing evening before a fast and furious work week. Here's what our lives have been up to as of late! 

Last Friday night, we were invited to our very first Crawfish Boil! I have been wanting to go to one for years!!! One of Colt's classmates, Chris, had his parents driving in from New Orleans and his parents brought with them some very alive and fresh crawfish. 

Side note: Funny story about our friend, Chris. We met Chris a year ago at the TCU MBA Gala last spring. While at the gala, Colt and I were mingling and meeting new people.  I introduced myself to Chris and vice versa. Well, the music and commotion of the night were rather loud and it was difficult to hear, so when Chris was introducing himself I heard him say, "My name is Christmas!" I yelled out, "Your name is Christmas?!" I figured it was a nick name or something. That's when Chris chuckled and said, "No, no, no, my name is CHRIS METZ!" Ever since then the name stuck and to this day I call him "Christmas". Love! He's seriously the most humble, reserved, sweet and sincerest guy you'll ever meet! Yes, he's single, ladies! ;) 

We arrived at the crawfish boil at Chris's bachelor pad that he shares with a couple of fellow business school chaps. The crawfish were so tasty! We had such a fun time. I loved seeing how the crawfish get prepped and cooked. Fascinating! Luckily, the rain held off and we were able to enjoy the crawfish boil with friends! What a fun night had by all! 






Chris doing his thing!

John and Trevor! 
Mitch, Taylor, Colt and Roberto
Saturday night, I got to get dressed up for the theater! An old friend from high school, Laura, had an extra ticket to go see the musical, Wicked. I've been wanting to see Wicked for a few years now and when Laura reached out to me I didn't deny! I drove out to Frisco to meet at Laura's house. She drove us to Dallas for dinner and the show. We ate dinner at this delicious, upscale pizza place where we wined and dined. We booked it out of there and headed off to the show because we were running short on time. We valeted and ran inside. We had to beg one of the ushers to let us in because she had literally closed the theater doors a second before we walked up. We had fantastic seats and I was enthralled the whole time. The show, the music, the singing, the actors did not disappoint. At intermission we grabbed some champagne and toasted to our girls night! It was so wonderful getting to have girl time, talk and catch up about everything going on in our lives, laugh and just enjoy the moment. I treasure times like these. 
Heading in to see the show! 

Intermission


The entire cast 


Sunday, Colt and I were up bright and early for my cousin Carson's 3rd birthday party! Not going to lie, it was tough getting up and dressed for the party because of how late I got home the night before. Driving home from Frisco + I-35 and 820 shut down for construction late at night is no bueno. I'm sure glad we made it to the party though! It's always fun when you're spending time with family! 

Paw Patrol! How cute are these decorations? The goody bags...swoon! 



This past week was Teacher Appreciation Week and boy were we spoiled rotten. We seriously have THE BEST PTA on the planet. They went all out and decorated our "teacher's lounge" in a Dr. Seuss theme. We had breakfast and lunch catered. We had a popcorn and hot dog bar this week. I mean we had "the works"! Needless to say, I'm pretty sure I gained 6548796 pounds from this week!!! It was well worth it though, everything was absolutely scrumptious! My kiddos and parents were so thoughtful as well. They provided with me with fresh flowers, homemade cards, my favorite snacks, gift cards/gifts and even had my students wear my favorite color. How sweet is that?! I am truly one lucky gal to be able to teach and touch 22 special little lives each and every day. Thank you to every single person who made last week so special. 

So glad I had this giant vase in my classroom closet for all the flowers brought in! 



Oh my gosh! And how nifty is this? I won a cooking class in our PTA drawing this past week as well. Believe or not, Colt and I have been talking about taking a cooking class for quite some time now. We cannot WAIT to use it! Anywhere with my guy is fun! Can't wait to schedule some cooking time. Woot! 


Yesterday, we kicked off Mother's Day weekend by going to see our nephew, Logan's, baseball game. The weather couldn't be more perfect for being outdoors. The sun was setting, the wind was breezy and hearing the crack of the baseball bat and cheers coming from the crowd made it feel like summer is definitely on it's way! Colt's brother and sister in law, his parents and some of his in-laws were at the game too. It was a grand time. After the game, our niece, Izabel, asked to ride with us in our car to dinner. She was making us laugh by telling us stories about her school, friends and even told me that having to share a bed like her parents do, seems like the most awful idea in the world! Her and I agreed it's much more fun not having to share a bed with anyone! ;) She is a hoot I tell ya! Izabel talked all about her pet caterpillar she found and even tried to get us to pull over for ice cream. I was for it, but Uncle Colt was a goody-goody and insisted we meet everyone for dinner. We tried to convince Uncle Colt that no one had to know we had stopped for a quick ice cream treat. To no avail, he drove us straight to the restaurant. Boo. 

Dinner was lovely. We had dinner with Colt's parents and his brother's family. We visited, caught up and talked the night away. We ate dinner at Mesquite Pit in Weatherford and the brisket there is to die for! 

Girls just wanna have fun! 

Izzy and Uncle Colt


Colt and his sweet mama, Annette 
This morning, Colt picked up breakfast and brought it back to our house. We had breakfast in bed, watched a movie and relaxed before celebrating a low-key Mother's Day Round 2 at my parents house.

 A little after noon, we headed to see my family. My sister called in and picked up all our food and brought it back to mom and dad's house. Lately, we pick up the food to go and eat it at the house. It's so much better than waiting in long lines, being surrounded by tons of people and what's better... we get to wear comfy clothes! We ate lunch, told stories and had a Mother's Day dessert. A few hours later, everyone kind of went their separate ways while mom and I headed off to the mall! We bought a few new things to start our week. Shopping is always so fun and one of our most favorite hobbies! ;) 


Me and the world's #1 Mom

Colt and I arrived back home this evening and we did a little back porch sitting while talking and smelling the scent of rain on it's way. 

This sweet man is ready for an early bed time! 
Afterwards, I went upstairs to remove my makeup, shower and put pajamas on. If being in my pajamas at 7:30 is wrong... I don't want to be right! 


Now we are going to hang out and share this delicious Lemon Tart from La Madeleine! 


I can't think of a more perfect way to spend the weekend than surrounded by so much family.  

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there. I hope each and every one of you know how special and loved you are. You have the most difficult and rewarding job in the world. We admire you.

We love you all! 



















No comments:

Post a Comment