Sunday, November 15, 2015

'Tis the season to be thankful

Only 5 Saturdays until Christmas! Can you believe it? I am already in the Christmas spirit and have spent the last few days listening to Michael Buble's Christmas station on Pandora. I would love to already put up my Christmas Tree, but Colt put his foot down when it came to that. Now before you say it's too early for Christmas trees to be up, let me say that Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays! I love celebrating Thanksgiving, visiting with family, eating so many carbs until your buttons pop, napping and shopping, however, I also feel that the Christmas season passes by way too fast and I feel like the earlier we can start celebrating, the better! Marriage is all about compromise, and I agreed to wait until Thanksgiving Day is finished before putting up our tree. The things wives do for our husbands. ;) 

This past week we celebrated Veteran's Day at my school. We had a beautiful Veteran's Day ceremony and we had quite a few veterans attend. My grandfather, uncle and several of other family members and friends are veterans and Veteran's Day is something I hold dear to my heart. This week I taught my students that not all superheros wear capes. We learned all about who veteran's are, why they are important and what they have done for our country. My students were so excited to come to school each day to learn more about our veterans and one of my student's even told me, "Mrs. Miranda, someday I want to be a veteran when I grow up!" I explained to my students how we were going to write "Thank You" letters to veterans and one of my teacher friends will have them delivered to North Texas Stockings for Soldiers Campaign. My littles were so excited to decorate and write letters for our soldiers. These kiddos bring so much joy to my heart. I am so proud of them.

We are thankful for our troops!

This week I was finally able to get to my hairstylist for a new fall do. If you're a woman, then you know just how good a fresh color & cut makes you feel. It's so rejuvenating! I feel like a brand new woman! I am so thankful for my talented hairstylist and her amazing hair skills.
Adios bayalage!

Fresh new do! Darker, richer color.

After my hair appointment, I drove out to our book club night and met up with the other TCU MBA wives & girlfriends. Angela hosted us at her place and she had quite the spread! We drank lots of wine, snacked, talked a little about the book, but mostly chatted the night away like girls do. We stayed for several hours and didn't leave her house until almost midnight! Midnight on a weeknight! This is so unlike me, especially when I have to teach early the next morning... but we were having so much fun. It was totally worth it. Angela, you were a fabulous hostess! I am so thankful for getting the opportunity to meet and get to know all these wonderful ladies. It's nice to have people who can support you and understand what you're going through since they too have husbands & boyfriends in the MBA program.

The remnants of the spread

Wine Squad

Saturday was spent lounging. The weather was cool, overcast and dreary. We had nowhere to be so we slept in.  Colt made a delicious brunch and we napped on the couch for a few hours afterwards. We caught up on a few hours of DVR before we finally decided to be productive. Colt and I cleaned, mopped and vacuumed the entire downstairs. I swear it amazes me how quickly this house can get in such a disarray with only 2 people living in it!!! I am thankful for our cozy house that we have made a home. In Colt's words, "Team work makes the dream work!"

A little Thanksgiving cheer in our kitchen

Kitchen Chalkboard

Around 7:45 Saturday night, we decided to head out to Michael's for one of their Christmas sales. Colt and I shopped for some new trimmings for our tree and picked up a few other odds and ends. I think being there got Colt into the Christmas spirit as well. He even tried buying a gingerbread house kit! 


After a little shopping, we stopped at Braum's and headed onward to Chili's for dinner. Saturday was such an incredible day. I am thankful for days when Colt and I can relax together and laugh, talk and just enjoy each other's company. We definitely do not get enough days like those. 

Sunday mornings are my favorite. Colt was still sleeping early this morning. I love having quiet time to myself to pray, read His word and spend time with God. On our wedding day, my parents gave Colt and I this monogrammed bible as a wedding gift. It has both our names and wedding date monogrammed on the front cover. This is still my most favorite and most beautiful gift I have ever received. I am thankful for being on the receiving end of such a wonderful gift. 


Later on, we went over to my parents house for lunch and the Cowboys game. That game was heartbreaking!!! Colt wears his Cowboys jersey every Sunday. He is a true patriot for his team. After lunch, we spent time chatting and visiting with my family. I am so thankful for all the time that we get to spend with my parents and my sisters. Afterwards, Colt headed back to our house for homework and my mom and I headed off to Target. My mom and I were walking up and down the aisles when we stumbled across this:


How awesome does this thing look! You're able to bake your own Girl Scout cookies right in your own home?!?! Who wouldn't want this?! Oh to be a kid again! I am thankful for the time I get to spend with my mom. She's my best friend and I am thankful for the quality time we spend together. We talk on the phone on the drive to work every single morning without fail. It's such a great way to start my day. I am thankful for our daily talks. 

This week is going to be busy at school. The week before a break is always chaotic and hectic. I know my students will be excited for our Kindergarten Thanksgiving Feast as well as learning about the 1st Thanksgiving. By Friday, we are all going to be ready for a much needed week long break! I am thankful for my wonderful school that I am blessed to teach at. I am thankful for my 22 sweet, loving students. I am thankful for Colt's school and thankful for the opportunity that we have been blessed with at TCU. 

And I am thankful for this guy. He makes me laugh each and every day. I am excited to see him every day after work. I am blessed to get to come home to him and do life with him. He brings joy and happiness to my life and to my heart. I look forward to celebrating our 3rd Thanksgiving as a married couple. I am one blessed gal!


We are thankful for each and every one of you. 

'Tis the season to be thankful!

We love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment