Sunday, February 14, 2016

Love is the Only Gold

Many people think Valentine's Day is just a "retail holiday". I've also heard people say that they don't need a special day dedicated to love and that you should show and tell your loved ones that you love them all throughout the year. Which we completely agree with! Still, Valentine's happens to be one of my favorite days to celebrate! I love love! Plus, we love any reason to celebrate each other, our love and all our other loved ones that we are blessed to have in our lives! 

My Valentine festivities began on Friday. My students came to school so excited to share their Valentine boxes and pass out Valentine cards to all their friends! Later that day, we had our Valentine's Party where we celebrated with a "Sweetheart Sundae" bar. I even received a couple of Valentine Candy grams from a few of my former students. How sweet! 



One of my darling students showed up with Valentine's Hair! Precious! 

A few of the Valentine boxes my students made! So creative! 





Saturday, Colt left early for school and was at school for most of the day. I woke up, made breakfast, caught up on some DVR and took a much needed mid day nap. It was fantastic. I did a few things around the house and ran some errands. Colt returned home later that afternoon where he snoozed for a few hours before our date night. Poor guy runs on little to no sleep pretty much throughout the week. Business school is no joke! We had reservations for dinner in downtown Fort Worth. I got home around 8 PM when I showered, did my hair and makeup and we finally ran out the door around 9:30. We love any reason to get dressed up and go out for a night out on the town. Last night was perfect! 

We had 10:00 PM dinner reservations at Capital Grille. It was our first time there and we were not disappointed! The restaurant lived up to our expectations and the atmosphere there was so romantic. A candle lit dinner, good food, even better conversation, lots of laughs and the guy I love sitting across from me makes my heart feel all the feels. 

For appetizers we had the Steak Tartare and the Prosciutto Wrapped Mozzarella which was heaven! For our main course Colt had the Dry Aged Porterhouse Steak while I had the All-Natural Herb Roasted Chicken. The chicken was the juiciest, most tender chicken I've ever had! For sides, we shared the Lobster Mac n Cheese, Parmesan Truffle Fries and Grilled Asparagus lightly drizzled with lemon! So mouthwatering and delicious! We highly recommend eating there. Thank you to everyone who recommended it to us! 


My handsome forever Valentine



After dinner we went for a night cap and when we arrived back home late last night, I walked into the kitchen to find this: 

 How did I become the luckiest gal on Earth?! Swoon! 

This morning, I set out my Valentine's for my sweet Valentine who was still soundly sleeping.  


Around 9 this morning, we woke up, got dressed and headed over to my parents for a Valentine's Day Brunch. My youngest sister made a homemade brunch for all of us which included mimosas, all the tasty brunch items and homemade Valentine donuts! My parents house was decorated with lots of pink red and hearts! Always so festive there. My parents were sweet enough to surprise Colt and I with a few goodies. Unfortunately, these are the only pictures I took while we were there. 



After brunch, we stayed and visited with the fam. A couple of hours later and everyone in the house was ready for an afternoon nap. Colt and I headed back home for our own naps. We ended our evening with pizza and pjs and a new series on Showtime called "Billions"! 


Our weekend was definitely filled with fun and lots of love. We hope that each of you were showered with flowers, chocolates, and all of your favorites. Most importantly, we hope you were made to feel loved because we love you all. 

Happy Hearts Day! 






No comments:

Post a Comment