Saturday, January 2, 2016

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year, friends! 2015 was a great year. It was full of opportunities, family, friends, fun times, and lots of memories. We look forward to beginning a new year and working on healthier sleep habits, healthier food choices, making time for more exercise, making time for family and friends and focusing on us as a couple and bringing even more prayer and faith into our daily lives. We cannot wait to see all the blessings and wonderful things that 2016 has in store for us and for all of you! 

We rang in the new year at our house. We kept it pretty low key and relaxing.  Colt and I provided the decorations, food and drinks. My parents, sisters, my sister's boyfriend and my uncle came over. My uncle is my mom's brother who lives in San Antonio. We have always been close to my uncle growing up even though he lives 5 hours away. He has been a positive role model and major influence in our lives. We have been so blessed to have strong family values. 

Anyone else eat 12 grapes at midnight? One grape for each month of the year for good luck! 

Unky and me

Cheers to sisters

Unky and mom

New Year's Day is my birthday and this year we celebrated my birthday right at midnight on NYE with champagne, cake, ice cream and opened presents from my family. SO much fun! Thank you to all my friends and family who took the time to call me and text me right at midnight. You sure do know how to make a girl feel loved! 



We stayed up until 4 AM the night before so New Year's Day Colt and I slept in. It was lovely! I came downstairs and woke up to presents from Colt and a homemade brunch. He even made funfetti pancakes with a pink candle in it! Isn't he the best?!


New Year's Day we didn't do anything too fancy. In fact, it was quite the opposite. We ate leftovers, snacked all day and spent the day relaxing on the couch side by side and watching the Twilight Zone New Year's Marathon on SyFy. It was nice to spend my special day with my favorite person in the world. We weren't rushing to get dressed to go somewhere, we weren't out in the cold waiting to eat out at a fancy restaurant, I didn't have to get dolled up. It was wonderful to spend quality time with my best friend. I wouldn't trade these special times for anything in the world! 

Later that night, Colt ran out to pick up some dinner while I was showering. After showering, I found this on our bed. What a pleasant surprise! This guy continues to amaze me day after day.  I love him so! 

New Year's and my birthday were simply wonderful. What a special and great way to begin 2016! A big thank you to my darling husband for his constant love, support, for making me laugh daily and for always making me feel like the most important person in the room. 

We are ready for a new year, a new start and new adventures. Here's to new ideas, new success, lots of love, smiles and no regrets! 

Fresh, new kitchen chalkboard for the new year

Happy New Year! We love you all! 






No comments:

Post a Comment